Monday, January 17, 2011

Everything

I am currently enrolled in the Marriott School of Business and more specifically the BYU School of Accountancy. But I could just as easily be enrolled in the Reuben J. Clark Law School or frequent the Joseph F. Smith building for Humanities or the Benson building for Microbiology.

It's simple you see, I love everything. I love learning about moles in chemistry, African bushmen in anthropology, grammar in English (please don't judge my poor grammar in these posts ;), the Tigris river in geography, stalagmites in geology, the Electron Transport Chain in biology, vectors in physics, exponential equations in mathematics, different eras in history, the subjunctive in Spanish - the list goes on!

I love learning and once I learn something I love it even more because it becomes a part of me. Everything that I have learned has enriched my life. Just this past Saturday, I visited the BYU Museum of Art to view the Carl Bloch exhibit. On one particular painting, I noticed some deep red in the lower right hand corner of the canvas. In the foreground of the painting was the Savior suffering in Gethsemane and along side him was an angel supporting left arm. His body portrayed pain beyond anything I have experienced, but more than anything the brush of red helped me greater understand the intensity and gravity of his suffering. It was like a look into his soul. Brilliant.

You see, as a gain more and more knowledge on this earth, more things have meaning. Likewise, as I gain more spiritual knowledge, the result is the same. As we learn in the Bible things were created spiritually before they were created physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment